I wanted to take the time to compile a list of my must-have apps and why I had to have them. Curious what other people wanted/needed.**EDIT**
(11-25-2008): 1. Locale: Guys, this app is awesome. I change my wallpaper and turn on/off my wi-fi when I get to work, when I'm at the golf course and when I get home. I'm just hoping they'll add more options. I want to be able to change my notification sound to something less offensive when I'm in the office. For now, I set the phone to vibrate instead of ring. At night, during sleepy time hours, I completely turn off my sound. Going to try adding an exception for when the office calls me. I had to uninstall this app. During some research to find out what was killing my battery in four hours or less, I traced much battery munching back to this app. I miss it, but I'm enjoying the longer battery life.
2. Accuweather: There are a couple of weather apps, but this one is my preference. I like getting notifications for severe weather.
3. AnyCut: I immediately added a shortcut to directly dial or text my boyfriend to my home screen.
4. Pro Football Live/College Football Live: Check the polls, roster, schedule, standings, live chat during games. Super fun. Since I can't watch all games or sometimes any games, this keeps me up to speed.
5. Gas Trip: Found me the cheapest gas in my vicinity and mapped directions from my current location.
6. Homes: Currently looking for a new rental property. Put in my desired location, radius, minimum bedroom requirements, and maximum monthly rent. Gives me listings. Lets me save favorites for later review. I get a notification when there are new listings.
7. GPS Tracker: Tracks my phone with GPS. Runs in background when phone boots and can be activated via SMS. Left my phone at the office. Freaked. Got on my boyfriend's G1 and found it.**EDIT**
(11-25-2008): 8. iSafe: Tells me when I'm entering a high crime area, if tree pollen is high, if I'm speeding. Only thing that irritates me is that it continuously tells me there is a sex offender nearby in my own neighborhood. Disabling this notification doesn't seem to work. Also, can't download the updates because the package isn't properly signed.I uninstalled this because I found I wasn't really using it much and when it was enabled, I found that my battery life was worse.
9. Magic 8-ball: Loving this one! I have an actual Mattel version on my desk at work. Use it to make all my important decisions. (Should I reboot the server in the middle of the day?)
I sent my boyfriend a text yesterday saying we needed a Magic 8-ball that gives you an answer when you shake it (accelerometer bay-bee). Today I opened the market and there it was!!!
10. Mahjongg: I'm addicted to this game as much as Solitaire. Sort of mindless, but a good time killer or way to calm down when you want to choke someone.
11. Movies & Showtimes: Super quick way to see what's playing and find it near me. Now if I could just buy the tickets with my phone.
12. OI Flashlight: There are other flashlight apps, but this is the one I downloaded. Got a shortcut on the home screen. Use it to find my keys in my floorboard a lot.
13. Orienteer: I'm an amateur astronomer. Got a computerized telescope. Part of setting up the auto-tracking requires you to point the scope (magnetic) north and level. This tiny little app shows me where magnetic north is.
14. PAC-MAN: Ok, I really shouldn't have to explain this. Fun, fun, fun till the ghosties getcha!
15. Park Mark: Ok. I have a friend who is trying to dump his Sprint service and get a G1 with T-Mo since I showed him this app. You get to the state fair or football game or any other place where you have to park far away with lots of other cars. You set your location and walk away from your car. When you're ready to leave, you click Locate (using Radar or Maps).
16. Phone Flix: For Netflix users. I'm a movie freak. Always having people recommend movies. Now I just fire up this app and add it to my queue while they're telling me about it.
17. PicSay: I like picture caller ID. It's a sickness. When I add people to my phone, I take their pictures. Sometimes I'm in bad lighting. Now, I open the picture in PicSay and adjust the brightness and contrast and voila...I have a recognizable pic for caller ID...and I didn't even have to transfer it to my PC to doctor it up with Photoshop.
18. Ring Control: Sets my phone to vibrate if the phone is upside down in my pocket or on the table.
19. Ringdroid: Let's me make ringtones, notifications and alarms out of songs on my SD card. I just crop them down and save them. Then I can pick them. Uninstalled Rings Extended once this app came out.
20. Shazam: Oh baby! This is the coolest of the cool. I'm in my car or in front of my TV. I hear a song I dig. I fire up this app and in a few seconds, I know the artist and title of the song and I can search for it on the Amazon MP3 store to buy it or I can look for it on YouTube.**EDIT**
(11-25-2008): 21. ShopSavvy: See it, scan the barcode, find the cheapes price, read reviews, add it to a wish list, get notified when it drops into my price range. Very cool.I uninstalled this app because I wasn't really using it. I hate to shop. Do almost all my shopping online. However, I reinstall it every time I go to Fry's or Best Buy or Car Toys. I will likely install it before doing my Christmas shopping
22. Toggle Settings: Got a shortcut on my home screen. Toggle GPS, Wi-fi, Vibrate, Screen Time-out, Silent Mode. All that's missing is Bluetooth and Min/Max Brightness.
23. TuneWiki: Lyrics, YouTube vids, merges with G1 Music app to get playlists. Save YouTube vids as favorites and add to playlists that stream to the phone.
24. WikiTap: Found the circumference of the earth in a few seconds. I know, I know. Useless information mostly. However, I did use it when my cousin wanted to know facts instead of rumors regarding the presidential candidates.**EDIT**
(11-16-2008): 25. LifeAware: Build your network of friends. Locate them on the map at any time. Get notifications when they enter or leave zones that I define. When my boyfriend gets to my office to pick me up this afternoon, my phone will tell me. Actually, I expanded the zone, so I'll know when he gets to one of three intersections. This is a cool one! Lovin' it so far. Oh, one more thing...I can send my location out to friends in my network or to any email address (for my friends who do not have a G1) and it will link them to a map of where I am at the time I send the message.**EDIT**
(11-25-2008): 26. Tetroid: Tetris...need I say more. I'm addicted. Play for hours. Accelerometer support in this app makes it more awesomer than any other Tetris game.